Saturday, February 13, 2010

Caramelized Onion Tart

Day 1

So I have set off on my first mission: Caramelized Onion Tart.

The sweet aroma is intoxicating as the onions begin to brown and "caramelize". I've never smelled something so delicious. I was so excited to make something so different. Having always leaned more toward the bakery or sweets side of cooking, this was an eye opening endeavor.

My favorite things in this world are cheese, wine, and "pizza" pies. With this sweet and savory taste of the onions satisfying my sweet tooth, the pastry crust for my "pizza" passion, and a blend of feta, swiss, and parmesan with chives the bottle of merlot quickly disappeared.

Two things I have discovered this evening:

1. The versatility of the onion
2. recipes like this should be labeled for one! :)

all puff pastry recipes: www.puffpastry.com
most delicious wines: www.madhousewifecellars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment